Re: [Chicken-users] go routines for chicken

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] go routines for chicken
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:37:03 -0500

Moritz Heidkamp scripsit:

> That's not quite right, is it? E.g. it is not possible to multiplex
> across mailboxes (as with Go's select statement) or limit their size (at
> least not out of the box). Those are quite essential provisions for
> programming in a CSP style, at least to my (so far fairly incomplete)
> understanding.

Quite right, though I don't consider either point essential.  Limited
mailboxes are useful to prevent livelock (though at the risk of deadlock),
and perhaps they should be retrofitted into the egg.

--
"The serene chaos that is Courage, and the phenomenon   address@hidden
of Unopened Consciousness have been known to the        John Cowan