Re: [Chicken-users] readline history bug?

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] readline history bug?
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:20:36 +0100

Alexej Magura <address@hidden> writes:

> While perusing through readline's source code, I went ahead and added
> a couple of functions that expose more of the API(? if that's the
> right term).
>
> Specifically, they expose the where_history(), current_history(),
> previous_history(), next_history(), history_search(), and
> history_set_pos()functions, as well as the history_length variable.
>
> I'm not really sure where to send the patches... I thought that
> originally I was supposed to send them to this mailing list, but then
> I read somewhere that they should be sent to chicken-hackers, but
> we're supposed to report bugs to chicken-users and send patches and
> what-not :S
>
> I even ran salmonella and it seemed to check out okay.

Cool! Thanks for your patches! I could commit them for you or since you
seem to care about the readline egg, would you like to maintain it? It
is currently orphaned and could indeed use some love.

Thanks for making the readline egg better!

Kind regards,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.