Re: 0.08 NEWS

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: 0.08 NEWS
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 08:52:49 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 23:19, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> I've filed a couple of bugs which should be easy to fix but
> have not been. It would be nice to get them fixed for 0.08.
> If somebody gives me CVS write access I'll do it :-)

Thanks. I will gladly take you up on that offer! I see you already have
paperwork on file with the FSF for all your past and future work so all
I need is your savannah account (which I assume is archie172). Please
send me a private (preferably signed) email and I will make you a
developer of the savannah classpath project.

Sadly communication about what to fix before 0.08 has been difficult
because the mailinglist seems to have a delay of 48+ hours currently :(
I have done most things I wanted for 0.08 (except get the
ServerSocket.accept() fix for jamVM in), but haven't made any (test)
release yet.

> By the way, how come everyone else isn't complaining about #6938?
> Why am I the only one who notices it? Does everybody else have a
> bootstrap class path that contains the java class path as a subset?

As far as I have seen most VMs have their own System/Application
classloader. The SableVM developers were also rewriting it (to make sure
ProtectionDomains were set correctly). So I guess everybody works around
it instead of collaborating on the version in CVS. Probably only the Orp
developers used this class as is for their VM.