Re: 0.08 NEWS

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: 0.08 NEWS
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:19:25 -0600 (CST)

Sascha Brawer wrote:
> for the forthcoming release 0.08, we'll need a NEWS entry. Based on the
> current NEWS file and my own bug fixes, I'd propose to start with the
> following; please send your additions.

I've filed a couple of bugs which should be easy to fix but
have not been. It would be nice to get them fixed for 0.08.
If somebody gives me CVS write access I'll do it :-)

    6938 SystemClassLoader ignores java.class.path property for classfiles
    6967 ZipFile() constructor should verify ZIP file signature
    7084 Runtime.nativeLoad() needs a ClassLoader parameter

#6938 is the most important but potentiall the most "dangerous" to fix.

By the way, how come everyone else isn't complaining about #6938?
Why am I the only one who notices it? Does everybody else have a
bootstrap class path that contains the java class path as a subset?

Thanks,
-Archie