Re: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues

From: Etienne Gagnon
Subject: Re: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 21:00:09 -0500

Hi all,

As most people dislike the m4 approach without even having a look at it
(just remembering m4 as used in auto* stuff...), I will no push for this
further.  I have no time for religious wars.

As for the --with-vm, it will for now be implemented as an optional
command-line argument.  Not providing it will not change anything to
current behavior.

Note to Patrik:  I thought you would have noticed, by now, that I was
only trying to tell about a subset of the VMs that use Classpath without
using 10 words.  (See other messages for a better description).  I used
"normal" as in "normally built".  I did not intend to say "better" or
"worse".

Etienne

Patrik Reali wrote:
And how do you define "normal" anyway? Only technology that is at least 20 years old?

--
Etienne M. Gagnon, Ph.D.             http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/