RE: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: RE: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:52:56 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 21:50, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> David Lichteblau wrote:
> > BTW, on the topic of VM* classes: Has there been agreement on
> > java.lang.VMClass?  The proposal was to make its methods static (and
> > possibly add an "Object vmdata" field to java.lang.Class instead).
>
> I don't think anybody objected to this proposal. I'd definitely would
> like the vmdata field though.

I would like the vmdata field type then to be VMClass not Object.

So if I remember the discussion correctly the idea then is to not call
the methods on the VMClass object but on static VMClass methods. Do
these methods then get as parameter the Class object itself or the
vmdata object?

And more importantly, who wants to prototype this so we can have a real
discussion about implementation issues?