Re: Q: How do you keep your sources in synch?

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: Q: How do you keep your sources in synch?
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:49:52 -0500 (CDT)

Patrik Reali wrote:
> I was wondering, how the various VM deal with changes in the classpath code
> (I assume you have a "customized" version of classpath). Are you importing
> them by hand or rely on some automated tool?
>
> Before being able to use classpath out of the box, I relied on cvs (cvs
> import and cvs checkout -jOLDVERSION -jNEWVERSION), which worked well as
> long as the differences were not to big.
>
> What is your experience?

JC overrides several Classpath classes. Each upgrade is pretty much
done by hand by examining the diffs and merging in the new stuff.
I try to keep the CP <-> JC patch as small as possible to ease
future merges.

This was especially fun for 0.07 -> 0.08 because somebody rearranged
the order of all the methods in Class.java and Thread.java :-)

-Archie