Re: What are tainted developers allowed to work on?

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: What are tainted developers allowed to work on?
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:52:16 +0100

Chris Gray wrote:
That's where the fun begins. :-) What I would really want would be J2ME CDC certification, and that's a whole different bunch of fish.

Uhh ... I bet. Best of luck there!

People wanting their implementations to be compatible with Sun is a
no-brainer, even without a stick, as otherwise one couldn't run the
existing code out there.

[...] the rest of us might [...]
think you were working on a runtime for Ada or Occam or something.

I'll add those to my list of code to merge into Kaffe, thanks :)

Then all we need is an Ada- or Occam-to -j*av*-bytecode compiler. :)

Well, there actually is a JGNAT, i.e. an Ada-to-Bytecode compiler. KROC otoh produces PowerPC binaries, which then with JikesRVM and PearColator could run on Kaffe ... ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic