Re: generics-branch - up-to-date and buildable?

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: Re: generics-branch - up-to-date and buildable?
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:01:59 +0000

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 15:00, Stuart Ballard wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:43:18 +0000, Andrew John Hughes
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > With current CVS, I can now build the generics branch with ecj.  What I
> > haven't tried yet is using this as the base for a VM.  It will allow a
> > simple enumeration test case to run with JavaVM/current HEAD classpath
> > and the new classes in the classpath (presumably it just reads
> > java.lang.Enum from there).
>
> Cool, I'll try updating from CVS and rebuilding.

Great -- please let the list know how it goes.  As I say, I haven't yet
tested it against a VM.

> > As regards the generics branch and HEAD, the two are more out of sync
> > than simply the generics additions; the rest of the branch is still at
> > the state it was in when split.  I plan to merge the changes on HEAD
> > across, if possible, as the next task with this branch.
>
> Could you let either me or the list know when this is done? It will be
> a great help in what I'm trying to achieve...

Sure -- I'll probably make a start this evening, and you should see the
patch/commit post(s) when it starts... (although I think I may avoid
posting the patch, due to size)

> Thanks,
> Stuart.

Andrew :-)

Please avoid sending me Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint) attachments.

No software patents in Europe -- http://nosoftwarepatents.com

"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn."
-- Richard Stallman

"We've all been part of the biggest beta test the world has ever known --
Windows"
-- Victor Wheatman, Gartner