Re: J2ME classes in GNU classpath

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: J2ME classes in GNU classpath
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 00:59:15 +0100

Hi all,

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 12:18 +0000, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> > As you might know CACAO was always driven by some students doing some
> > praktika or diploma thesis on a specific topic.  We now have a new
> > student whose topic is to build J2ME classes on top of GNU classpath and
> > integrate the whole stuff, so that we/someone is able to build a J2ME
> > compatible (don't know exactly which version) classpath.
> >
> > So, are you interested that this whole work is/will be part of the
> > offical GNU classpath (of course with the usual FSF paperwork)?

Yes certainly! I'll write some more ideas I have about this tomorrow
morning after I got some sleep. I just wanted to quickly reply to the
suggestion of Clemens.

> As far as I know there already exists such type of project which
> implements the J2ME api on top of J2SE, its located at
> http://sf.net/projects/microemulator , licensed under LGPL and works
> quite well. However it lacks some features of MIDP2 so maybe it would
> be better to enhance that project instead of starting a new one?

Anthony Green just posted about microemulator on
http://planet.classpath.org/ it seem it already works out of the box!
http://www.spindazzle.org/green/index.php?p=67
Very cool!

Good night,