FreeSWTTestApps page added to wiki

From: Egon Willighagen
Subject: FreeSWTTestApps page added to wiki
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:23:10 +0100

(Please cc me, as I am not yet subscribed)

Hi all,

I'm attempting to setup a live CD for chemoinformatics, which will include
Java software too. I already tested Jmol and JChemPaint with jamvm and
classpath 0.18 (see FreeSwingTestApps in wiki), which doesn't go that bad
actually, though not up to production level yet.

Yesterday a bio-/chemoinformatics platform project was announced:
Bioclipse[1]. It's eclipse based, so normally no Swing stuff. I was able to
boot the program with jamvm and classpath 0.18, but added a new 'view' for
2D and 3D rendering of molecular structures did not work with this problem:

Unhandled event loop exception
Reason:
Not implemented [need JDK 1.5 or greater] (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
sun/awt/X11/XEmbeddedFrame)

I think this comes from the Eclipse RCP stuff itself, though I don't have a
full stacktrace at this moment.

Anyway, I added a FreeSWTTestApps to the Classpath wiki using the same setup
as the FreeSwingTestApps page.

Egon

1.http://www.bioclipse.net/