classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] gnujaxp with JDK1.1.8

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] gnujaxp with JDK1.1.8
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 15:09:39 -0800

> I've already put an order on the Sharp PDA, should be receiving it this
> week.  Will keep the list posted on how the parser run on the device.

I'm feeling tempted too ... :)

> When will beta2 be released?

Likely after I track down an anomolous performance issue that
someone reported with DOM.  I hope that's in the next week.
So far Beta2 will have:

    - Compiles and runs on JDK 1.1
    - Includes OASIS XML Catalogs support
    - Performance tweak: fewer buffer copies/scans in AElfred2
    - Cleaned up some loose ends in javax.xml.parsers.*
    - Other fixes

I might sync with the latest SAX2 CVS as well, that'd just
affect javadoc.  Is there anything else you think should go in?

- Dave