classpathx-xml

RE: [Classpathx-xml] gnujaxp with JDK1.1.8

From: Ma, Steve
Subject: RE: [Classpathx-xml] gnujaxp with JDK1.1.8
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 18:26:37 -0500

Is it possible to release just the AElfred2 parser alone in a jar to
minimize the size?

Currently, I can only shrink the jar size to about 150K containing the
following:
(Without modifying any code, just let javac check the dependencies)

gnu.xml.aelfred2.*
gnu.xml.pipeline.*
gnu.xml.util.*

and

org.xml.sax.*
org.xml.sax.ext.*
org.xml.sax.helpers.*

Because of some imports used in Pipeline, I had to keep the org.xml.sax
stuff.  And Aelfred2 uses Pipeline/Util, I had to keep them as well.

However, I really just need a JAXP compliant parser to put on a small
device. And 150K is still quite large for me.  And I haven't been able to
find a JAXP compliant XML parser that is small enough. (Xerces is too big).
So could you release just the "parser" component of the GNUJAXP library?
(The original AElfred parser I had was about 20K)

Really appreciate your help.

Steve