classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] Re: Sax2Unit Tests Result with GNUJAXP

From: David Brownell
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] Re: Sax2Unit Tests Result with GNUJAXP
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:22:05 -0800

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
Hi xml'ers,

Here is (I hope) interresting attachments. I did run tests from
Sax2Unit[1] tests. I did it yesterday but without updating the cvs and
got 7 failures. I did update and ran the tests again. Only 6 failures.

Cool!  I think they used to fail nothing at all, but maybe that's wrong;
it's been a while.  There are also xml conformance tests to run; they've
been updated a bit, and W3C finally took that stuff over.  I haven't run
either set of tests.

BUT!

Are the tests still up-to-date?

If anyone updated them, they didn't tell me.

Did the make && make tests (but I commented lines that does not
concern Aelfred).

I also attach a patch for one of the test class of Sax2Unit, I forward
this mail to the project admins of xmlconf, I hope there mails are
still active.

It might be in the spam filter queue, there's so much of that that I
refuse to go through it more than once a week any more.  (Mailman
tells me I have to press "delete" a few hundred times ... there's
no satisfaction in such pointless tasks!)

But in this case the issue looks to be using an ancient version
of SAX.

The way I ran the tests:

1) download Sax2Unit-0.2
2) modify the XMLReaderTests class because I could not compile

I think you're using the wrong version of SAX then.  Is your
class path set correctly then?  For some reason Sun seems to
be doing to SAX what MSFT wanted to do to Java:  ship only old
and incompatible versions.

3) make
4) modify the MakeFile to add gnujaxp.jar to the CPATH variable,
   comment everything not related to gnujaxp in the 'tests' target
5) make tests>sax2unit.2003-01-22.tests-results.txt
6) sent a mail ;-)

And thank you!

I'll investigate to do a DOM test. I also investigate to know if the
SAX tests are up-to-date.

[1] http://xmlconf.sourceforge.net/

-- Arnaud Vandyck
<http://vbstefi60.fapse.ulg.ac.be/~arnaud/>
<http://www.ulg.ac.be/cgi-bin/ph/search?id=u184137>

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** SAX2/JAVA JUNIT Testing ... version 0.2
  These SAX2 tests are under the GPL (GNU General Public License).
  Use the SAX harness for the Sourceforge/NIST/OASIS XML test cases
  to get more complete test coverage.

TESTING gnu.xml.aelfred2.SAXDriver
  XMLReader (basics), DeclHandler, LexicalHandler

..................................F.......
.F...F.F..........F.F..
Time: 0,498
There were 6 failures:
1) testDH_ie(net.saxproject.sax2unit.DeclTests)junit.framework.ComparisonFailure:
entity value expected:<...
...> but was:<...&#10;...>

Entity handling -- on input and output -- can be exceedingly tricky.
It's an error where the W3C has consistently avoided making things
be simple and straightforward.  Since those are the biases of AElfred,
some bugs there are to be expected.

But not in that test.

2) test_pass_ee1 ... passthrough expected:<null> but
was:<java.net.UnknownHostException: z>
3) test_pass_ee4 ... expected:<null> but was:<java.net.UnknownHostException: z>
4) test_pass_ee5 ... exception passthrough expected:<null> but
was:<java.net.UnknownHostException: greedy.monopoly>

All those used to work correctly. Not sure what's up.

What JVM were you using?

5)
test_dtd(net.saxproject.sax2unit.LexicalTests)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
 unexpected failure: abc.xyz
6)
test_entity(net.saxproject.sax2unit.LexicalTests)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
 unexpected failure: z

Yoiks, no idea where those come from.

- Dave