classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Re: Sax2Unit Tests Result with GNUJAXP

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Re: Sax2Unit Tests Result with GNUJAXP
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:49:47 -0800

Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

| > Are the tests still up-to-date?
| | If anyone updated them, they didn't tell me.

David,

Can you tell me how I can help updating the xmlconf web site to
reflect the actual status of gnujaxp?

You mean the published reports, which are pretty old by now?

Here's a brief list of (some of the) things that should
be done with the gnujaxp code, to get that done:

 - Incorporate the latest SAX code.
 - (Hmm, release that SAX code from CVS ... :)
 - Update xmlconf to have the new W3C versions of XML tests.
 - Run test suites:  XML, SAX, DOM
    * Analyse errors reported (TIME CONSUMING)
    * Some will need fixing; do so
    * Re-run all tests after changes
 - When done re-testing, put out a new GNUJAXP release
 - Publish results against that release

I could certainly use help for all that.  If I were to do
the various "current" updates (SAX 2.1alpha, xmlconf from
W3C, and so on), you could help by running the tests and
helping find and fix the bugs.

- Dave