debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] Sourceforge could not connect to database

From: Aime Thierry
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] Sourceforge could not connect to database
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:21:10 +0200 (CEST)

En réponse à Roland Mas <address@hidden>:

> Can you connect with the psql client?  Try
> $ psql -h orphee -U sourceforge sourceforge
 returns :
psql: FATAL 1:  IDENT authentification failed for user "sourceforge"

If i take a look into the table pg_shadow i see that user sourceforge
have not password :
 $ psql template1 -c "SELECT * FROM pg_shadow"

   usename   | usesysid | usecreatedb | usetrace | usesuper | usecatupd |
passwd| valuntil
 postgres    |        1 | t           | t        | t        | t         |

 sourceforge |      100 | f           | f        | f        | f         |

(2 rows)

If I understand well the principles of postgres identifications the user
sourceforge must have a password to connect. This password is stored in the
file sourceforge_passwd
pg_hba.conf :
host sourceforge 19.16.3.79 255.255.255.255 password sourceforge_passwd

Why this password is not in the pg_shadow table for user sourceforge ?