demexp-dev

Re: new_question() and HELP from admins (Re: [Demexp-dev] New methods on

From: ketty .
Subject: Re: new_question() and HELP from admins (Re: [Demexp-dev] New methods on XML RPC proxy
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 13:11:18 +0200

And of course i forgot to click "reply all" instead of "reply".... i really need to learn :)

On 10/8/06, Augustin < address@hidden> wrote:
On Monday 18 September 2006 12:39 am, David MENTRE wrote:
> * new_question(cookie, question_desc)

I have just implemented this.
It seems to work, but I cannot see my own questions.
Do they need to go through admin approval first?
How long should I expect to wait before my questions become visible?

Beside David (who is busy), is there someone else who can have full admin
access to the test server, and who is able to move new questions along?

Also, as I wrote in the fr list, I will need very soon some classifiers to do
some classification, just like they do on the official server. Only this way
can I perform my tests and get the module ready for an early release.

I suggest two levels of classifiers. "classifier-authoritative" and "classifier-proposer". An authoritative classifier is the same as the current classifier status. A proposer is also the same with the addition that classifications made by them are marked as "suggestions" so the authoritatives can review them at a later time. (The client might or might not handle suggestive classifications differnetly from authoritative ones.)
A possible setup could be to make every user a proposer by default.

Of course all this probably needs changing the server some... :)