Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 18:48:24 +0100

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 11:29 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> The problem with your transpose routine is that it does not move
> si->current* and displayhelper() only refers to those. You need
> to manipulate lower level things (or do a cursorright() from start to
> end of the staff) to achieve what you want.
Thinking about this, this is the sort of thing you could do with the
scripting language of the previous thread. The current editing commands
(change to nearest A, etc) would not be adequate - you would want to
read out the note properties and re-write them. We have already
discussed adding a more general editing properties function (an email
from Nils). And things like goto start, cursorright, staffdown etc are
already there, you just need to know when they succeed and you can write
loops to modify stuff like notes from a script.
Do you have the interface machinery at your fingertips? As I mentioned I
could generate an interface to all the menu Actions callback functions
in a matter of minutes, given an example of the format required.