Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme book

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme book
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:10:58 +0100

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 23:09 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

> So we have two methods of note entry then? Moving the cursor method
> and
> the other directly assigning it?

?? moving the cursor does not enter notes. Oh, I see what you mean,
there are all the commands that enter a note at the cursor position, and
there are the ones that edit the note that the cursor_x is on by moving
it to the cursor_y, and ones to edit the note that the cursor_x is on by
moving it to the nearest N (where N is a,b, ...c) - nearest to cursor_y,
that is and ones to apply one sharpening/flattening ...
We are adding a a general interface to edit a note, something Nils
suggested (well, even more generally, edit the properties of an object).
A lot of the others would not be convenient for scripting - on the other
hand the interface we have created here *could* be used from the
keyboard - you would be typing in the LilyPond language

cis''2 d'4 d4 ....

and everytime you typed the space it would insert a note. This was never
done, I guess because you have to specify the octave every time. Instead
what was done (the Classic mode) was to mimic LilyPond's \relative note
entry (even though, when output, Denemo outputs all the octave
indications explicitly).