Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Version Errors and log

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Version Errors and log
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 08:05:08 +0000

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 20:29 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> Ah, I understand.
>
> I think its the wrong Windows way that Denemo needs anything outside its own
> directory.
Right. InstallDenemo.exe only installs stuff below the installation
directory you give it (defaults to c:\progam files\Denemo)
> For windows-people its nice to have anything at one place even if it means
> double and triple dlls which are already on the system. But it means also you
> can copy the whole Denemo dir to any place, use it portable on usb-sticks etc.
>
> Where does Windows-Denemo wants to save its options and settings?
They are all relative to the installation directory.

> And does it create or need any WinReg-entries?
This version is the first that creates windows registry entry, it is the
GUILE_LOAD environment variable (the name is something like that) to
tell guile where the scripts are. I am pretty near certain that it is
working ok for people.
>  I think many people are annoyed by such behaviour.
Yes, it is better if you can distribute the program without requiring to
set an environment variable, but I am not sure how to tell guile where
its files are otherwise. I am fairly sure that this enviroment variable
is correctly set, from the emails with others who have tried to get
0.8.0 running. The problem will lie in the some file or files that I
have copied in to the bundle but which have paths in them. I'll have a
look for if the word "gtkbundle" appears in the files somewhere below c:
\program files\Denemo
as that would be a clue. It will be some part of the whole
gtk/loaders ... stuff.
Richard