Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Version Errors and log

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows Version Errors and log
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:51:44 +0000

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 13:24 +0100, Nils Gey wrote:
> > I wonder if there are now nice installable packages for all this gtk
> > stuff...
>
> Do you plan to have the user pre-install additional packages to use Denemo?
No, one installation executable can do everything needed, and Denemo
just needs a working set of gtk bits. I have just been to my mother's
and verified that on her machine Denemo is working except for the svg
pixbuf loader. That is consistent with the behavior on my machine, where
if I hide the c:\gtkbundle directory the svb pixbuf loader is not found.

 Her machine has never been used for any programming or installation of
gtk things, (other than LilyPond, which does have a gtk package
installed with it).
> To install lilypond before Denemo is quite a step for the average notator.
> Denemo should ship with everything you need in Windows since there is no
> package system.

>  I wouldn't care if Denemo even ships its own lilypond files in Windows if
> there is no real installation.
I would be happy about that too, but first we need to get Denemo working
on its own - that is, find a collection of gtk files that works on
everyone's machines