Re: [Denemo-devel] Display of staffs with different numbers of measures

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Display of staffs with different numbers of measures
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:05:27 +0100

On Wed, 2009-10-07 at 13:51 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I am getting two cursors
I only see this if the cursor is in an empty measure. E.G. immediately
after adding a new staff. I'll have a look at it, I meant to do that.

>  and octve displacements. It us easy to
> replicate this. Put a few notes in a measure or two. Then add a new
> staff after original. Make the initial clef bass. Start adding notes.
> Swith to the first staff then switch back to the bass staff. I then
> see two cursors. Switch back to treble staff and enter a single note
> repeatedly. A few of them will appear upside and inverted. The note d
> entereded in treble cleft will ocassionallu appear above the second
> space above the staff as if it was bass clef but it us not. It is
> treble.
I can't get any of these effects. Try an exact sequence of steps.

> Another weird thing I noticed is that I entered a 3 or 4 measure of
> notes into a staff then added staff after. I then entered the same
> amount of notes. Then I changed the initial clef of the second staff.
> Then sudenly many notes in the first staff became upside down and
> inverted. It corrected itself when I passed the cursor over it though.
I tried this, but got no strange display. Again, try find a short
specific sequence of steps that does this for you. Better still, if it
can be achieved via a script!

Richard