Re: [Denemo-devel] Export .png is broken

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Export .png is broken
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 08:47:13 -0600

On Jan 7, 2011, at 4:10 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 14:18 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

I am going to use waitpid().

I think there is a glib version of this (so that it'll work
cross-platform)

Yes. That is g_child_watch_add(). I looked at the code and saw that the viewer is launched when lilypond is done. If this is an export then why would we need to run anything after lilypond for a png or PDF except deleting the mess of files that are created in order to render a png. This used to be created in the .denemo directory and moved and renamed into the destination diretory. The behavior I am observing on my system is that it creates a lily file with a filename.png.ly kind of name in the destination directory. The png is created via lilypond with a name like filename.png_.png. Then denemo is trying to do something else with it (I have not found this portion of the code). Then I see an error message on the terminal saying that file \blah \blah.png can't be found. Replace blah with hex. Is denemo still trying to rename the png. It also leaves a mess with all the temporary in the destination diretory. The png is actually being produced though but with an incorrect name.