Re: [Denemo-devel] Melodic Dictation

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Melodic Dictation
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:34:07 +0100

Looking at your example, I wonder if a somewhat different approach to
storing the melody might be good. It could be  stored as a normal denemo
score, but with each note having a directive that alters its display so
it doesn't show the pitch or accidental. There would be several
different ways of doing this I suspect, e.g. with a chord-override
directive the whole display of the chord (ie note) could be replaced
with a marker. Perhaps we could do with reviving that read-only flag
which is still lurking in the code, so that the user cannot alter the
score except in ways controlled by the script.
Richard