Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo broken ....

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo broken ....
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:42:05 +0100

On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 18:08 +0200, R. Mattes wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 10:42:08 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote
> > There was a warning saying the source file is more recent than
> > executable.
>
> Irelevant - I was (partially) fixing the bug while recreating
> the stacktrace for the bug report.
>
> > Rebuilding may fix it. Is this the mastet ir the soc branch?
>
> No, why would it? A null pointer is a null pointer after all :-/
> Dereferencing Denemo.gui without checking that it's not null is
> a bug.
> And only god knows why a function called jack_output_midi_event
> needs to access a global pointer to the gui - so much for running in
> batch mode at some point. And all of that only to set velocity, which
> IMVHO should be set by the caller of jack_output_midi_event ...
> Frankly, I don't know where to start complaining: strange API (mixing
> of GUI
One of the really painful things is that the names of things are often
misleading inside Denemo. Denemo.gui is not to do with the graphical
user interface especially, it is the structure that represents a musical
score (and to make matters worse, DenemoScore is a structure
representing one movement inside a Denemo.gui ...)

Richard