Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.0.8

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 1.0.8
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 20:25:23 +0100

On Wed, 2013-10-02 at 09:07 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I updated the mingw binary and rebooted the server.

Ah! I think I see the trouble: the gtk initialization comes after the
first of these calls to get the paths. This looks like a time bomb that
has been lurking waiting to hit us.

I have pushed a fix to git which does the initializations in main in the
order which I think they should be done. It compiles and runs properly
on my Debian Stable installation, so hopefully the next windows build
will succeed.

> If you want to build it yourself you may consider running debian
> stable in VirtualBox. Install no *-dev or anything unless gub needs
> it.

I'm installing VirtualBox now, I am a complete beginner at this though -
how do I find out what *-dev gub needs? I recall it dying horribly on me
some years back and janneke being startled to find that I didn't have a
c++ compiler installed on my system. Also, where do you get a Debian
Stable to run under it - I am already running Debian Stable ... but I
guess you are suspecting that other things I have installed on it are
preventing it running gub correctly?

Richard