Re: [Denemo-devel] make dist failing

From: Paul Brossier
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] make dist failing
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 11:49:07 -0300

On 02/07/2014 07:41 AM, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 23:37 -0600, Jeremiah Benham wrote:

>>> I'm not sure I understand the intricacies of all this - I suspect
>>> the biggest hurdle will come trying to get GUB to build aubio4
>>> (because GUB doesn't know about waf and trying to teach GUB
>>> anything is a dark art)... unless it's broke we could just opt
>>> not to fix it, carry on delivering the same fossilized libraries
>>> for windows.
>>
>> I found a class for dealing with waf in gub. I had to apply a patch
>> to aubio because it wanted to use srandom andthis was not defined
>> but I was able to get it compiled. Then I applied Paul's patch to a
>> git snapshot and created a mingw build:
>>
>> http://denemo.org/~jjbenham/gub/uploads/denemo-0.0.0-0.mingw.exe
>>
> I downloaded and installed this, it fails to start because it cant
> find aubio-4.dll so I guess this didn't get into the package...
>
> I have built the aubio-4 version under Debian stable (using headers
> and libraries for aubio-4 installed in the user's own home directory)
> and it executes ok. The note onset stuff is working (that is the
> opening source audio for transcribing to notation) but the microphone
> entry failed to detect any notes. The latter is somewhat uncertain
> because I often get a failure to get a signal in from the microphone
> on this box, however I immediately switched to the aubio3 version and
> that worked so there is probably a real problem there.

I found a bug: fvec_median is used, so AUBIO_UNSTABLE needs to be
defined before including <aubio/aubio.h>. now i wonder why the compiler
didn't complain at all about not finding the prototype.

attached is the updated patch. I also simplified get_note() by using
fvec_copy().

Jeremiah, could you send the patch about srandom. in
aubio/tests/utils_tests.h, HAVE_WIN_HACKS should be defined when
building on windows.

Thanks, Paul