Re: [Denemo-devel] dynamics staves

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] dynamics staves
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:30:47 +0000

On Sun, 2014-12-14 at 08:07 -0500, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Hi Richard et al,
>
>    The work is going better now that you found the error;thank you!
> But I want to ask some obvious questions about the testing methods you
> suggested. I'm running denemo 1.2.0-0.mingw
>

> I changed to page view (using Esc) and zoomed out with
> Ctrl-mouse-wheel
> and dragged the system separator red bar until I could see your entire
> score in teeny-weeny size on the screen. I could see one red bar, so I
> zoomed in on that and, sure enough at bar 48 in Violin 2 dynamics you
> have a dotted quarter note where you meant a simple quarter note.
> Ctrl-dot removes that and it then typeset ok
>

> So when I push escape in the display view I get to a screen that says
hmm - that is unfortunate, you are interpreting the view as "saying
create music snippet", in fact this Snippets bar with those buttons was
already there, it is just that all other bars and menus are hidden.
>  create music snippet--is that what you mean by page view?

Well, in more detail: Esc is the default shortcut for the first item in
the View menu "Hide/Show Menus", this cycles through three views, two of
them with no menus (you should hide the snippets bar if you don't use
it, i.e. View->Snippets turned off), the third of these is by default
the page view (so two Esc presses). In your page view you can drag the
red horizontal bars up and down to give several systems on the screen.
(You *can* do that in any view in fact, but it remembers what you have
set for the particular score for a particular view, so it is useful to
set up the views for your purposes for a given score).

> You could have found it (the error) with
> Staffs->Adjust Measure Lengths, if you set Return on that command then
> you can just press Return three times to check for any wrong measure
> lengths in the current staff. I see that it is requiring measures with
> time-signature change to be completed, which is annoying, but that
> would
> have found the problem for you.
>

> I couldn't find this command in the Staffs list.

My mistake, it is in the Movement menu, as it can check measures in all
staffs in the movement ...