Re: [Denemo-devel] Emailing: Psalm102(103)7TheSunA.zip

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Emailing: Psalm102(103)7TheSunA.zip
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 16:35:39 +0000

On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 16:18 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> OK Line breaks inside a bar
>
> The attached file has, in Movement 2 two pairs of Allow Line break
> followed by Line Break.
>
> Neither seems to have any effect. What Am I doing wrong?

The Line Breaks are indicated with an L at the location of the line
break. It is showing in red, which indicates that it won't typeset for
the currently selected layout (which is the Default Score Layout since
you don't have any others.) and indeed, if you double-click on it you
get the Object Inspector which has in big bold red letters that it is
conditional. If you click "Part" in the typeset window then it turns
green, and is effective.
 So you have (inadvertently I guess) selected the first option in the
list of conditionals, with up-arrow you could have got to the last
option "For All Layouts" which is the one you want.
So you could change the condition (e.g. in the Object Editor,
Conditional button or using the Directives->Make a Directive Conditional
menu) or just delete it and re-insert it, choosing "For All Layouts" as
the condition.