directory-discuss

Re: [directory-discuss] GNU Radio situation

From: Svetlana Tkachenko
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] GNU Radio situation
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 11:29:52 +1100

> > Furthermore, captchas would not make the content be nonfree.
> Nonsense.

I agree that "captchas would not make the content be nonfree." The
captchas do not affect our freedoms to copy, edit, and share the
content, once we have it through another venue (i.e. in a copy of GNU
radio).

As an example to illustrate the point, I could mirror www.gnu.org and
require all users to install silverlight (it is a proprietary program
made by Microsoft) to read my content, and that wouldn't make
www.gnu.org non-free. If www.gnu.org people started requiring
silverlight to read their website, and I maintained a copy which is
accessible using free software, their copy wouldn't make the content
non-free, either.

If the captcha is indeed non-free, query their webmaster, perhaps at
address@hidden .

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/directory-discuss/2017-01/msg00066.html
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/directory-discuss/2017-01/msg00076.html

I find these messages hard to read. Please provide the meaning instead
of linking to them.

--
Svetlana Tkachenko
Member of the Free Software Foundation