Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Topology

From: Matthew Burnham
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Topology
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:28:13 +0100

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 08:33:36AM -0700, Eric Blossom wrote:
> There is no plan to break anything, though I think folks will find
> that using Python to glue the signal processing primitives together is
> much, much easier than working in C++.  Plus you get the benefit of
> instant gratification ;-) The plan also includes using wxPython as the
> GUI toolkit of choice.  There will be a much improved replacement for
> GrFFTSink and GrSimpleScopeSink available to python code.

Are there any plans to add some way to go back and forth through the
signals with the improved GrSimpleScopeSink - now I've got my code
working, it jumps across the screen too fast for me to see (though I am
running from a file, so there's no samples/sec limit as there would be
with a live signal).

Python should be much quicker to develop with, but I'll have to learn
Python :)

--
Mat