Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Windows Port Error

From: Robert Roberts
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Windows Port Error
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:46:36 -0500

Ok, the Opteron Saga continues.   After installing it by hand I still
get a circular buffer error.

C:\gnuradio-examples-0.4\python\audio>dial_tone.py
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_createfilemapping: non contiguous mmap - 012D0000
00000000 00040000 01310000
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_createfilemapping: non contiguous mmap - 012D0000
00000000 00040000 01310000
gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: sysv shared memory is not available
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_shm_open: mmap or shm_open is not available
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_tmpfile: mmap or mkstemp is not available
gr_vmcircbuf_sysconfig: unable to find a working factory!

C:\gnuradio-examples-0.4\python\audio>cd C:\Python24\Lib\site-
packages\gnuradio\gr

C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\gnuradio\gr>test_vmcircbuf.exe
Testing gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory...
....... gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory: OK
Testing gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm_factory...
gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: sysv shared memory is not available
....... gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm_factory: Doesn't work
Testing gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_shm_open_factory...
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_shm_open: mmap or shm_open is not available
....... gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_shm_open_factory: Doesn't work
Testing gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_tmpfile_factory...
gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_tmpfile: mmap or mkstemp is not available
....... gr_vmcircbuf_mmap_tmpfile_factory: Doesn't work
test_vmcircbuf: OK.  We've got at least one workable solution

This time is says there is at least one solution though!  We're
getting close.

Thanks for everyone's help so far!

~Chris~