[Discuss-gnuradio] Which LinuxOS to use?-->1.Unbuntu, Fedora, Mandrake,

From: Quenton Bonds
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which LinuxOS to use?-->1.Unbuntu, Fedora, Mandrake, FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:04:17 -0700

Hello everyone!
I am new to the GNU world.

I am an intern at NASA AIMES and we are about to run three brand new SDRs. Basically we are trying to use some Linux laptops with the USRP's for SRD research.

I have less than two months to get this project going, and we just got three brand new Laptops and USRP kits yesterday. My Question: What Linux operating system seems to work the _BEST_ with GNU USRP, mainly in reference to system failure, and having previously defined libraries/classes/modules previously installed? Right now we are going with UBUNTU (per my superiors:)-)but for some reason I would like to use Fedora. What do you think?

Due to the limited time I am trying to save myself as much heart ache as possible, therefore any advice is welcomed and greatly appreciated, especially in choosing an operating system.