[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Which LinuxOS to use?-->1.Unbuntu, Fedora, Mandra

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Which LinuxOS to use?-->1.Unbuntu, Fedora, Mandrake, FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:11:07 +0200

Robert McGwier wrote:
I need php5. php5-dev wants version 1.4 things because Ubuntu there is some issue. I could not get aclocal to work unless I forced aclocal.m4 by hand to call automake-1.9 for example. I got all of these am python not found and other blow ups leading to complete failure. As soon as I modified aclocal.m4 forcing the call to later versions of the auto tools, everything worked.

At least Debian has update-alternatives, which is quite usefuill with aclocal, I have 3 versions of automake (1.{4,7,9}.

I do not see any way to tell aclocal which atomake to use, but update-alternatives before building should let you avoid changing the source.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at  tugraz dot at>