Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Removing '.py' from system path installed Python

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Removing '.py' from system path installed Python scripts
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:14:05 -0400

  Removing the '.py' works fine on OSX 10.4.10, so long as the file is
  executable (a+x) and has "#!/usr/bin/env python" as the first line to
  get the runtime environment correct. - MLD

Agreed.

But that will only really work if the version of python found as
'python' is the same one as the version gnuradio found when it was
compiled, and the packaging system installs an interpreter as python.
In a world with multiple python versions and site-libs this leads to
incorrect behavior.

See http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/ticket/151

This is an orthogonal issue to the renaming, so I don't mean to object, and I
haven't written an install script to change

#!/usr/bin/env python

address@hidden@

when doing the install, so it's fair to say ENOPATCH to my mail.