Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Removing '.py' from system path installed Python

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Removing '.py' from system path installed Python scripts
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:52:02 -0700

Michael Dickens wrote:

> Removing the '.py' works fine on OSX 10.4.10, so long as the file is
> executable (a+x) and has "#!/usr/bin/env python" as the first line to
> get the runtime environment correct.

Anything we put on the path already conforms to the above.  This may
actually cause some grief on systems that have multiple Python versions
installed, as it will invoke the Python interpreter on the path instead
of a different version if that's what the user wants.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC