[Discuss-gnuradio] Shielding on 2.4GHz

From: DiX
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Shielding on 2.4GHz
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:18:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

     I am using FLEX2400 d'boards to transmit and receive 802.11b packets
with codes from bbn and gnuradio_example/python/digital. The problem is the
d'board is always interferenced by some CISCO access pointed and other
wireless cards located right outside of my lab.

     I connect the usrp to my pc with a cable (-30db attenuator applied). I
hope it receives nothing but packets from my pc.  But the d'board can still
get packets from other wireless card. Then I put the m'b and d'b into the
black enclosure. Packets still come in. And finally, I put everything (m'b,
d'b, black box, attenuator) in my metal drower. Most packets are shielded
out. Some still can be caputured and demodulated.%-|

     why is the d'b able to hear others even when I connect attenuators and
cable to its antenna?

     -DX