[Discuss-gnuradio] u2_flash_tool : Can not find the command

From: Andy_Long
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] u2_flash_tool : Can not find the command
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:43:19 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have finished all the install setup of GNUradio (in Ubuntu 9.04 by using
DebianPackages)and test for dial_tone example which seems operating well.
One problem is that the SD card delivered is broken as mentioned on website
that I have to use another SD card and write firmware by myself.

Thus I have downloaded the txrx.bin and u2_rev3.bin files from
http://gnuradio.org/releases/usrp2-bin/trunk/ try to run the u2_flash_tool
to write the firmware and FPGA code.

However, after running the command sudo u2_flash_tool --dev=/dev/sdb -t s/w
usrp2/firmware/txrx.bin -w (SD card  mounted as /dev/sdb in my machine).

The terminal shows: bash: u2_flash_tool :command not found

The previous advices from Johnathan is that

((((The command is correct, but you'll need to run it from the directory
that u2_flash_tool is in, and reference it with ./u2_flash_tool.  We
don't install this script on the path.

(from usrp2/firmware directory):

$ sudo ./u2_flash_tool --dev=/dev/sdb -t s/w txrx.bin -w

$ sudo ./u2_flash_tool --dev=/dev/sdb -t fpga u2_rev3.bin -w

For the above to work, you'll need to put the full path to wherever you
downloaded the .bin files.

-Johnathan)))))

But can any one tell me that where is the full directory name of
“usrp2/firmware”? Because I can not find this directory in my computer.

I only find the directory as website address:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/repositories/changes/gnuradio/usrp2/firmware/u2_flash_tool

Since I am the beginner user of Linux system, I do not know how to enter
this website address in terminal. So I just download u2_flash_tool file to
my computer fold and go to this fold directory to run the command
u2_flash_tool again. But I still get the same error:   bash: u2_flash_tool
:command not found

Thanks in advance,

Andy