[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: SanDisk cards flakey?

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: SanDisk cards flakey?
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 18:10:44 -0800

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 18:00, John Gilmore <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Or maybe I have to try to use another brand SD card
>> > rather than Sandisk?
>>
>> It's possible you need to use another brand card, as these seem to be
>> notoriously flaky.
>
> SanDisk SD cards are not notoriously flaky.  They invented the SD Card
> format and are, I believe, the largest maker of Flash devices in the
> world.  They're the gold standard for SD cards (and their "Extreme"
> line is the gold standard for endurance, surviving in cameras
> destroyed by flying debris, dropped from balloons at tens of thousands
> of feet, etc).

You're of course correct--I had missed the SanDisk brand name and my
"these" was referring to SD cards in general I've used with the USRP2.
 No intent to malign SanDisk.

It's possible there is a design issue with the SD interface on the
USRP2.  I'd consider it pretty unlikely, but not out of the question.

Johnathan