Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughterboard

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughterboard
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 11:40:14 -0800

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 11:24, Jason Uher <address@hidden> wrote:

> ...with the RFX900 you can transmit safely in the ISM band.
> And others as long as you are below the transmit power thresholds
> (which are quite low).

I (perhaps mistakenly) thought that in order to be in compliance with
FCC rules to intentionally transmit within ISM bands using low power,
the transmitter needed to be "pre-approved" by having an FCC type
acceptance certification.  I'll will be happy to be found wrong on
this count, as it has been a long time since I've studied the
regulations.  Even so, this doesn't address the original poster's
question about cellular bands.

Johnathan