Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about WBX daugtherboard

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about WBX daugtherboard
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:50:14 -0700

On 03/25/2010 02:57 PM, Damien Serant wrote:

Hi,
I forgot to thank you for your answers. So... thank you !
Concerning the spurs, they are peaks at precise frequencies. Their position
and their strength depends on the LO frequency  (I observe peaks around 698
MHz but not around 714 MHz as an example) but not on the decim rate. I
observed also an attenuation around the central frequency when I use LO freq
above 1 GHz. Note that the usrp2 is used without its top (i don't know if
this precision has any importance)
I'm not really clear and i can add prints screen if desired.

You are looking at frequencies in which there can be a lot of strong local signals. They could be from TV, cellphones, 2 way radio, etc. The first step is to put the enclosure on, terminate with a 50 ohm terminator, and then report all the settings.

Matt