Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about WBX daugtherboard

From: Damien S.
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about WBX daugtherboard
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:44:01 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks John and Matt for your answers.
Indeed Matt, in my band of interest there is DTV signals since I'm trying to
record them !! :).
Unfortunately, i can't put the enclosure because the SMA connector is to big
to close the box. Indeed the MCX to SMA bulkhead connector wasn't in my
package  (there was the SMA to SMA instead - it's normal Matt ?) and so i'm
using a MCX to SMA adaptator.
I have put some screenshots on my Picasa Album Web (i have put a 50 ohm
terminator but not the enclosure):
http://picasaweb.google.fr/damien.serant/USRP2WBXScreenshots?authkey=Gv1sRgCOPtyo2jg-6Nfw&feat=directlink

Thanks for your precious time and your help.

Matt Ettus wrote:

> On 03/25/2010 02:57 PM, Damien Serant wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I forgot to thank you for your answers. So... thank you !
>> Concerning the spurs, they are peaks at precise frequencies. Their
>> position
>> and their strength depends on the LO frequency  (I observe peaks around
>> 698
>> MHz but not around 714 MHz as an example) but not on the decim rate. I
>> observed also an attenuation around the central frequency when I use LO
>> freq
>> above 1 GHz. Note that the usrp2 is used without its top (i don't know if
>> this precision has any importance)
>> I'm not really clear and i can add prints screen if desired.
>

> You are looking at frequencies in which there can be a lot of strong
> local signals.  They could be from TV, cellphones, 2 way radio, etc.
> The first step is to put the enclosure on, terminate with a 50 ohm
> terminator, and then report all the settings.
>
> Matt

-----
Damien (a french Phd student)