Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about WBX daugtherboard

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about WBX daugtherboard
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:41:49 -0700

On 03/26/2010 09:44 AM, Damien S. wrote:

Thanks John and Matt for your answers.
Indeed Matt, in my band of interest there is DTV signals since I'm trying to
record them !! :).
Unfortunately, i can't put the enclosure because the SMA connector is to big
to close the box. Indeed the MCX to SMA bulkhead connector wasn't in my
package  (there was the SMA to SMA instead - it's normal Matt ?) and so i'm
using a MCX to SMA adaptator.

You should have gotten an MCX to SMA cable. Send me your shipping info privately and we'll get you one.

I have put some screenshots on my Picasa Album Web (i have put a 50 ohm
terminator but not the enclosure):
http://picasaweb.google.fr/damien.serant/USRP2WBXScreenshots?authkey=Gv1sRgCOPtyo2jg-6Nfw&feat=directlink

Your gain of 0 is unusably low. Set it to at least 20 or 25. Also, you're going to see harmonics of the motherboard clock at multiples of 100 MHz, but they will be smaller relative to your incoming signals once you turn up the gain.

The next step it to put in a signal with a known amplitude to calibrate the undesired signals against.

Matt