[Discuss-gnuradio] The 'next' branch

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] The 'next' branch
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:58:26 -0500

Hey group,
As we discussed on our call last week, we are trying to move ahead to
getting GNU Radio 3.4 released. To do this, we have a big shift to
make, which is making our current 'next' branch into the 'master'
branch and cutting a new 'next' from there. But before we do this,
Johnathan and I would really like to make sure that 'next' is ready to
become or main, master branch.

Mostly because of the introduction of UHD, we have seen more use of
the next branch than I think we would have otherwise. That makes me
feel more comfortable using it. However, we are concerned that we have
not stress-tested it enough. I know we recently found a problem in the
howto-write-a-block code (which actually still needs some cleanup,
thanks Mike C.), and so we would like to know if there are any further
problems with the branch.

I would ask all of you who can to start either using or at least
testing out the 'next' branch now and provide us with feedback and bug
reports.

Thanks!

Tom