Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The 'next' branch [MinGW]

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The 'next' branch [MinGW]
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:27:41 -0500

Tom Rondeau wrote:

I would ask all of you who can to start either using or at least
testing out the 'next' branch now and provide us with feedback and bug
reports.

Two more issues with the 'next' branch:

(1) It appears that the Boost 'system' and 'filesystem' modules are now required. This should be documented somewhere.

(2) The Boost 'filesystem' module does not build on MinGW, because wstring is not supported in its libstdc++. I will look at the latest MinGW to see if this has changed. One possibility is to use an alternate C++ library (such as STLPort), but that sounds like a lot of work.

An MSVC port is looking better all the time!

-- Don W.