Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The 'next' branch [MinGW]

From: Moeller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The 'next' branch [MinGW]
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 00:01:50 +0100

On 22.02.2011 20:27, Don Ward wrote:
>  (2) The Boost 'filesystem' module does not build on MinGW, because wstring
> is not supported in its libstdc++.  I will look at the latest MinGW to see
> if this has changed. One possibility is to use an alternate C++ library
> (such as STLPort), but that sounds like a lot of work.

Boost "filesystem" is available on Cygwin, also wstring support.
At least with my GCC 4.3.4 and my Boost 1.43.
I'm only missing the libboost_unit_test_framework.

> An MSVC port is looking better all the time!

But isn't this a huge effort, porting all to the Microsoft ecosystem?
Cygwin porting should be much easier now, since UHD does not
force raw ethernet access any more. Raw ethernet is totally
incompatible between Linux and Cygwin, because Cygwin is using
the Microsoft network drivers. Standard UDP/IP traffic can be
implemented in a compatible way between Cygwin and Linux.
Also libusb is available for both (libusb-win32 port).