Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The 'next' branch

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The 'next' branch
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 22:50:13 -0500

Tom Rondeau wrote:

I would ask all of you who can to start either using or at least
testing out the 'next' branch now and provide us with feedback and bug
reports.

Compilation on Cygwin fails because there is no <complex.h> (#included by volk_complex.h) in Cygwin. In fact, there appears to be no support in the Cygwin C library for complex types (http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-api/std-notimpl.html). (Complex numbers are supported in Cygwin's g++, however.)

Unless there is some reasonable way to avoid requiring complex.h (or to avoid building volk), we will need to abandon GNU Radio under Cygwin. (That wouldn't bother me too much, as long as it works under MinGW---especially if support could be provided building with MSVC.)

-- Don W.