Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD USRP Source for B2x0 overflows File Sink

From: Murphy, John
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD USRP Source for B2x0 overflows File Sink
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 14:57:52 -0400

Hi Marcus,

I am using num_recv_frames=512 but I have no idea why 512 or what the
ideal value should be for a system that has a lion's share of 16 GB of
RAM to burn.
In terms of the disk hardware sequential writes are up to 520
MBytes/sec. While there may still be some moments where things fall
behind, I expect some buffer somewhere, if properly set up (which I
believe is the issue but I do not know where or how), to be able to
take up the slack and prevent overruns.
Surely there must be poeple that do this all the time without O's,
given a proper setup?

- John