Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD USRP Source for B2x0 overflows File Sink

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD USRP Source for B2x0 overflows File Sink
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 15:43:31 -0400

It'll be under /usr/local/lib{64}/uhd/examples

I looked at their blurb on that drive, and its *sustained* rate comes out to about 69Mbyte/second.  Sure, it'll take bursts at screaming-fast rates, because, like the Linux kernel, it has a whacking great write-behind buffer.

Try specifying a filename of "/dev/null", which will bypass your disk subsystem entirely, and give you some idea of what you can sustain in the absence of actual disk-subsystem writes.