Why intergrate with WindowMaker's dock?

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Why intergrate with WindowMaker's dock?
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:51:53 -0800 (PST)

Other than the fact that WindowMaker's Dock is very close to the one under
OPENSTEP, why should we integrate with it?   It seems as though whenever we
consider doing this we find it necessary to kludge the code.   Why kludge
GNUstep, when we can write a Dock application which will act as the GNUstep
dock?

If we are going to intergrate with WindowMaker, it needs to be done in a way
such that we are not tied to it.  We should never, under any circumstances,
kludge the API for the sake of interoperating with any window manager.
Afterwards, it should still be possible to create a GNUstep dock.

I just thought I would get this off my chest.   I am ready for any flames you
feel as though you need to send.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento           Sr. Software Engineer